We are really pleased to be moderating the Practising Law Institute’s 2020 Anti-Money Laundering Conference on May 12, 2020, starting at 9 a.m. Perhaps needless to say, this year’s conference will be entirely virtual. But the conference still should be as informative, interesting and timely as always. Our conference co-chair, Nicole S. Healy of Ropers Majeski Kohn & Bentley PC in San Francisco, will conduct a similar program on May 15, 2020.
We are lucky to have a truly fantastic line-up of very experienced and knowledgeable panelists:
- Stephanie Brooker of Gibson Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Mary Beth Buchanan of Bitstamp
- Nia Duggins of the National Association of Realtors
- Eytan Fisch of Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom LLP
- Woo Lee of the U.S. Department of Justice (Deputy Chief, International Unit, Money Laundering and Asset Recovery Section)
- Mitria Wilson, of Strategy Hue Consulting.
Of course, the conference will tackle many critical issues in BSA/AML compliance and money laundering enforcement, all of which this blog frequently has addressed. The three panels will be:
“Hot” Issues in AML and Money Laundering: Cryptocurrencies and Cannabis