As 2017 winds down, we are taking a look back at the first year of Money Laundering Watch.
We want to thank our many readers around the world who have made Money Laundering Watch such a success since we launched it less than a year ago. The feedback we receive from financial industry professionals, compliance officers, in-house and external lawyers, AML/BSA consultants, government personnel, journalists, and others interested in this field is invaluable, and we hope you will continue to share your perspectives with us. We pride ourselves on providing in-depth discussions of the important developments in this ever-evolving area and their potential implications.
2017 has been a busy year in the world of financial corruption. We are highlighting 12 of our most-read blog posts, which address many of the key issues we’ve examined this year.
- Individual Accountability in AML Cases
- FinCEN’s Beneficial Ownership Rule: A Practical Guide to Being Prepared for Implementation
- As Digital Currency Spreads, So Does its Global Regulation: India and Australia Enter the Fray
- OFAC Targets Alleged Mexican Drug Boss and “His Vast Network,” Including International Soccer Superstar
- Combatting Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Through Enhanced AML Information Sharing
- Money Laundering Watchdog Criticizes Lax AML Enforcement and “Creative Compliance” in Wake of Panama Papers
- SEC: Broker-Dealer Maintained AML Compliance Plan in Name Only
- High-Profile Spanish Money Laundering Investigation of Chinese Bank Raises Questions About Future of Similar U.S. Enforcement
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court Strengthens Protections For Property Owners In Landmark Civil Forfeiture Decision
- Banking and the Marijuana Industry
- FinCEN Fines Texas Bank $2M for Alleged Failure to Vet and Monitor Mexican Correspondent Banking Relationship – But Touts Bank’s Cooperation
- Manafort Indictment Alleges High-End International Money Laundering and Tax Fraud Involving Offshore Accounts
We also would like to thank the other platforms that host our blog: Digital Currency & Ledger Defense Coalition, Money Laundering Bulletin, and Federal Tax Crimes.
We look forward to continuing to keep you informed in 2018. If you would like to subscribe to Money Laundering Watch, please click here. To learn more about Ballard Spahr’s Anti-Money Laundering Team, please click here.