I am really honored to be moderating the Practising Law Institute’s 2019 Anti-Money Laundering Conference in New York City on May 14, 2019, starting at 9 a.m. My co-chairs are Nicole S. Healy of Ropers Majeski Kohn & Bentley PC, and Jamie Boucher of Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom LLP. PLI’s AML conference in San Fransisco will be held on June 10, 2019, and both conferences will be available throughout the country via webcasts and groupcasts.
The conference will tackle many critical “hot topics” in BSA/AML, all of which this blog frequently has addressed:
- The Beneficial Ownership Rule: Focus on Shell Companies and Customer Due Diligence
- Emerging Issues in AML and Money Laundering: Bank Secrecy Act Reform, Cryptocurrencies, and the Cannabis Industry
- Developments in Major International Money Laundering Cases, and Managing Global AML Risk
We also are lucky enough to have a great line-up of experienced and knowledgeable panelists:
- Jennifer Benda of Fox Rothschild LLP
- Jamie Boucher of Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom LLP
- Angelena Bradfield of the Bank Policy Institute
- Bevery Jules of the New York Federal Reserve Bank
- Gregory Lisa of Hogan Lovells US LLP
- Carlos Orel of TD Bank
- Teresa Pesce of KPMG Advisory Group
The conference should be both interesting and timely. For the complete schedule, please see here. We hope you attend!
If you would like to remain updated on these issues, please click here to subscribe to Money Laundering Watch. To learn more about Ballard Spahr’s Anti-Money Laundering Team, please click here.